“Success Is Measured In Moments of Satisfaction.” –Robyn Carr
This year’s RWA Convention held in Anaheim, CA near Disneyland was, in one word, AWESOME!
I met with some of my favorite author’s like Yasmine Galenorn, Nora Roberts (J.D. Robb), Robyn Carr, Lori Wilde, Cherry Adair, Virna DePaul, Karin Tabke (Harlow), Tawny Weber, Kristin Miller, Cindy Sample, Donnell Ann Bell, and more during the “Readers for Life” Literacy Autographing that raised $52,933 for ProLiteracy Worldwide, Read OC, and Literacy Volunteers – Huntington Valley.
During the event, I attended several classes on Craft, Publishing, Career, Research, and Writer’s Life. I found myself renewed and inspired. Classes included:
- Escalator to HEA: Raising Story Stakes the Easy Way (Virna DePaul)
- It’s Showtime! Show, Don’t Tell ( Janice Hardy)
- Plotting via Motivation (Laurie Schnebly Campbell)
- Using Inner Conflict to Create Powerful Love Stories (Michael Hauge)
- How to Put the Thrill in Your Thrillers (James Rollins)
- Writing Your Best Book: Six Magic Words (Susan Elizabeth Phillips)
- How to Make Your Openings Pop (Margie Lawson)
- Conflict and Its Role In Storytelling (Debra Dixon)
- Superbad: How Unleashing Your Villain Can Unlock Your Story (Tamara Hogan and Susan Sey)
Spending time with my fellow Black Diamond RWA and Sacramento Valley Rose chapter mates, critique partners, mentor, and those women I’ve met in on-line support loops, blogs, and Twitter was an invaluable experience I’ll always treasure.
“Take Work Seriously. Yourself? Not So Much. Have Fun. Write Hopelessly, Fearlessly. Write What You Want To Read. Reinvent Yourself. Create A Trend!” –Brenda Jackson
See You At Next Year’s Conference In Atlanta, Georgia, July 17th through the 21st, 2013.